Monday, October 29, 2012

Technology for Reading and Writing

Dear Courtney and fellow-participants,
I am now making a new posting for your reference.
This week is dedicated to reading and writing skill and buiding webskills for improving these skills.
I searched on the selected websites and articles I went through also.
The tips for reading and writing skills including the subskills such skimming,scanning, note-making and note-taking are covered in the given articles.They refreshed my idea about the language skills.
Particularly,the use of technology and different web-sites for various activities related to the above skills amazed me.
The web-sites I went through during last week are:
1. www.microsoft.com/education...
2. www.ehow.com
These two sites helped me to know about the technology-enhanced lesson plan on the core subject.
Also I went through the research articles:
1. Margo Dill's "How to write an integrated Lesson Plan?"
2. Jarek Krajka's "Using the Internet in ESL writing Instruction"
I was immensely benefited from these sites and articles.
Definitely I will impart my lessons using more technology-based lesson plans and more freely available materials on the Net.
I am too busy in my administrative roles as examination superintendent in my university because this is the term-end examination season in India.I have not implemented any of my newly acquired knowledge in classrooms but once the students return back to classrooms after the semester break, I will begin with a technology-based lesson and try my best to make my traditional class room more interactive and interesting.
Hope my colleagues would understand my situation after going through my reflection.All my colleagues are welcome to leave their comments to my post.
Bye and best regards.
Sincerely,
Mahesh    

No comments: